Work Health and Safety Representative courses are intended to assist HSRs understand how the WHS legislation will influence work, health and safety outcomes in their workplace. The course is for workers who have been nominated by their workplace to be the Work Health and Safety Representative.
- 5 day face to face
- 1 day face to face Refresher course
- The WHS legislative framework and key terminology;
- Duties of various stakeholders that can influence work health and safety;
- Enforcement measures available for breaches of WHS legislation;
- The roles of unions and WHS entry permit holders under the WHS Act;
- Requirements for consultation, representation and participation on work health and safety issues in the workplace;
- The role of Work, Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), Health and Safety Committee (HSCs) and other authorised representatives;
- HSR’s powers including the issuing of PINs and directing the ceasing of unsafe work.
There no pre-requisites to this course.
Trainees are provided with comprehensive course notes.
There is no formal assessment
Trainees will receive a certificate of attendance.
Get trained and become a reliable and effective WHS Representative.