Provide First Aid HLTAID011
Previously known as Apply first aid and Senior first aid. Provide first aid is the workplace level 2 Australian standards for the workplace first aider.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to administer first aid care and treatment in the workplace or in personal situations. Provide first aid covers adults, children & babies in a wide range of emergency situations.
- 8 hour full day course – Group Bookings Only
- up to 5.5 hour course with up to 4 eLearning hours
- Two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor injury and illness
- Priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Basic occupational health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid
- Infection control principles and procedures
- Chain of survival
- Understanding and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
First Aid Management Of
- DRSABCD action plan
- Managing the unconscious breathing casualtyC
- ardiopulmonaryresuscitation (CPR) including automated External Defibrillator AED
- Wounds and bleeding
- Medical emergencies including: chest pain, asthma,anaphylaxis,diabetes,strokes,seizures,hyperventilation and fainting
- Heat and cold induced illness
- Safety and risk management
- Strains,sprains,dislocation and fractures
- Head,neck and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues
- Infection control
Participants must be 14 years or older. There are no qualification pre-requisites for this course.
Safetywave Trainers have a hands-on approach to training with progressive assessments throughout the course. Assessments undertaken may include: written/oral assessments, practical demonstrations, completion of case studies and scenarios.
On successful completion the participant will receive a certificate of statement of attainment:
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Provide first aid is to be renewed every 3 years. Provide CPR is renewed every 12 months as per Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Our Provide First Aid Training courses are available on our Public Courses, they are offered by Safetywave on the Sunshine Coast in Tewantin which is 5 minutes from Noosa Heads and Nambour approximately 10 minutes from Maroochydore and close for our Sunshine Coast Hinterland customers.
Safetywave offer all First Aid training courses in Brisbane, Chermside, North Lakes, Caloundra and Gympie and all South East Queensland and Wide Bay regions. Our Trainers can come to your business. Please contact our office to discuss group prices.
Get trained and become able to provide reliable first aid today.