Perform Rescue From a Live LV Panel (UETTDRRF06)
This live lv panel rescue course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
The course includes CPR HLTAID001 and provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to administer CPR in the workplace or in personal situations. CPR is carried out on adults, children & babies.
Specific licensing requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority
- 5 hours
Evidence shall show an understanding of rescue from a live LV panel to an extent indicated by the following aspects:
T1 Emergency Procedures For the Rescue of a Victim From a Live LV Panel Encompassing
- Inspection of rescue equipment
- Assessing hazards to rescuer,victim and others
- Isolation procedures where appropriate
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Involvement of external emergency services
T2 Emergency Procedures For the Skills Required For the Rescue of a Victim From a Live LV Panel Encompassing
- Placement of rescue equipment
- Controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others
- Maintaining Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel
- Practical demonstration of rescuing a person
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety
- Chain of Survival
- Two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Understanding and use of an Automated External Defibrillator ( AED)
- Demonstrations and practical scenarios using a manikin
Participants must be 14 years or older. There are no qualification pre-requisites for this course.
Safetywave Trainers have a hands-on approach to training with progressive assessments throughout the course. Assessments undertaken may include: written/oral assessments, practical demonstrations, completion of case studies and scenarios.
On successful completion the participant will receive a certificate of the statement of attainment:
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel and Provide CPR is renewed every 12 months as per Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Our Low Voltage Rescue Training courses are available on our Public Courses, they are offered by Safetywave on the Sunshine Coast in Tewantin which is 5 minutes from Noosa Heads and Nambour approximately 10 minutes from Maroochydore and close for our Sunshine Coast Hinterland customers.
Safetywave offer all First Aid training courses in Brisbane, Chermside, North Lakes, Caloundra and Gympie and all South East Queensland and Wide Bay regions. Our Trainers can come to your business. Please contact our office to discuss group prices.
Get trained and become able to perform Live LV Panel Rescue today.