The ICAM Incident investigation course prepares personnel to manage and investigate a workplace incident and utilise varied investigative tools.
- Introduction – legislation, duty holders
- Why Investigate?
- Preparing for an investigation
- Initial response
- Investigation plan
- Collecting evidence
- 5 whys
- Timelines considering work as imagined, work as done and work as happened
- Causal factor analysis
- Reporting and recommendations
2 Day Face to Face course + a post course assessment
Entry & Pre-Requisite Requirements
There are no pre-requisites to this course however formal training in WHS is preferred.
Trainees will require a level of literacy and numeracy to
- Read and understand legislation
- Reference and implement workplace procedures
- Computer skills to utilise internet searches
Trainees will be assessed by short answer questions and case study/scenario problems.
This is an accredited training course. Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following competencies:
- BSBWHS515 Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- RIIWHS301E Conduct safety and health investigations
Get trained and become able to perform ICAM Incident Investigation.