This course is for anyone who works in a workplace in Queensland. The course is designed to equip building occupants with the skills and knowledge to prevent and respond to an emergency situation on their workplace. This course meets the requirements of the Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008 for general evacuation and first response evacuation.
- Identifying potential workplace emergencies
- Workplace reporting
- Responding to the emergency including raising the alarm,
- Varied workplace emergency responses.
- Fire principles includes fire triangle, classes of fires
- Fire extinguisher training (including fire blankets) including types of extinguishers, maintenance and inspection, practical/simulated scenarios and spill kits (optional).
Up to 2 Hours
Entry & Pre-Requisite Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course. You will however need certain literacy skills.
**This Course is run in conjunction with your current Emergency Plan. Your business will need to have an Emergency Plan in place for Safetywave to conduct this course.
Written and Practical assessment.
This is an accredited training course. Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following competencies:
- PUAWER001B Identify, Prevent and Report Potential Workplace Emergencies
- PUAWER004B Respond to Workplace Emergencies
- PUAWER008B Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
Get trained in first response and evacuation today.