The Fire Safety Adviser Training course prepares personnel with the skills required to act as a fire safety advisor during day to day matters and also during an on-site emergency as required in the Building Fire safety Regulations 2008.
- Identifying potential workplace emergencies
- Workplace reporting
- Responding to the emergency including raising the alarm, Varied workplace emergency responses.
- Fire principles includes fire triangle, classes of fires
- Fire extinguisher training (including fire blankets) including types of extinguishers, maintenance and inspection, practical/simulated scenarios and spill kits (optional).
- The emergency management plan and the roles/responsibilities and identification of the emergency control organisation
- Fire Safety legislative requirements
- Develop the emergency management plan
- Evacuation coordination
- Emergency Risk Management
- Training and Auditing
- Post – evacuation activities
- Practical evacuation scenarios
2 Day Face to Face course + a post course assessment
1 Day Face to Face Refresher course every 3 Years
Entry & Pre-Requisite Requirements
There are no pre-requisites to this course.
Trainees will require a level of literacy and numeracy to
- Read and understand legislation
- Reference and implement workplace procedures
- Manage Emergency Plan administration
Trainees will be assessed by short answer questions and case study/scenario problems.
Trainees can apply for RPL if they have
- Formal fire safety qualifications and/or
- Extensive fire safety experience
Apply for an RPL kit. Fees apply.
This is an accredited training course. Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in the following competencies:
- PUAFER001 Identify, prevent and report potential facility emergency situations
- PUAFER002 Ensure facility emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- PUAFER003 Manage and monitor facility emergency procedures, equipment and other resources
- PUAFER004 Respond to Facility Emergencies
- PUAFER005 Operate as Part of an Emergency Control Organisation
- PUAFER006 Lead an emergency control organisation
- PUAFER007 Manage an emergency control organisation
- PUAFER008 Confine Small Workplace Emergencies
Get trained and become a credible and reputable fire safety advisor today.