Our Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (Cert 4 in WHS) qualification provides the trainee with the skills to work as a Safety Officer/Adviser. Also, applying solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems. Finally, analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. As a student, you may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others. Previously, known as Cert 4 in OHS.
- Intensive Course – 5 days face-to-face course (this can be ran as 5 consecutive days or different days in different weeks – please refer to course dates).
- Online 10 Evening sessions.
- Private Group courses can be catered to suit the business requirements.
Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety – BSB41419
Legislation and Consultation
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management.
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS and maintaining WHS management systems.
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors.
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response.
- PUAFER002 Ensure facility emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented.
Return to Work & Rehabilitation
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work.
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- Trainees are provided with comprehensive course notes through the student portal.
- Trainees have email support from course coordinators.
There are no pre-requisites to this course.
There is a significant amount of reading and writing and access to a computer is required for assignments and internet based research.
Trainees will be assessed by short answer questions and case study/scenario problems. There are online, in class and post course assessments. Trainees have 12 months to complete the assessments.
On completion, participants will receive the BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety Statement of Attainment.
An Employability Skills Summary for this Training Package Qualification can be downloaded from http://employabilityskills.training.com.au
Trainees can apply for RPL if they have:
- Formal safety qualifications and/or
- Extensive safety experience
Apply for an RPL kit. Fees apply.
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety course previously known as Cert IV in OHS is offered publicly on the Sunshine Coast. Furthermore, we run regular training courses in Maroochydore about 15 minutes from Nambour. Also, at Tewantin which is located near Noosa Heads, these can be viewed on our website. Additionally, Safetywave offer the Cert 4 in WHS course in Brisbane, Chermside, North Lakes, Caloundra and Gympie. Actually, all South East Queensland, Bundaberg Wide Bay and Kingaroy South Burnett regions. Also, our Trainers and Licence Providers can come to your business.
Please contact our office to discuss group prices at [email protected]
Get certified for a Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety.