Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID014
The advanced resuscitation course will provide the participant with the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This unit applies to workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
- Two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Operate suction equipment
- Use of soft bag resuscitator
- Administration of oxygen
- Oxygen Therapy
- Triage and lifting casualty
- Infection control
- Basic anatomy – body and musculoskeletal systems
- Pain relief
- Priorities of management in first aid when dealing with life threatening conditions
- Use of spinal boards and cervical collars
- Understanding and use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Participants must be 14 years or older
- Participants must hold a current Provide First Aid HLTAID003 statement of attainment to complete this 1 day course and workbook with Safetywave.
Safetywave Trainers have a hands-on approach to training with progressive assessments throughout the course. Assessments undertaken may include: written/oral assessments, practical demonstrations, completion of case studies and scenarios.
On successful completion the participant will receive a certificate of statement of attainment:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- HLTAID014 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation
Provide CPR & Advanced Resuscitation is renewed every 12 months as per Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Our Provide Advanced CPR Training courses are available on our Public Courses, they are offered by Safetywave on the Sunshine Coast in Tewantin which is 5 minutes from Noosa Heads and Nambour approximately 10 minutes from Maroochydore and close for our Sunshine Coast Hinterland customers.
Safetywave offer all First Aid training courses in Brisbane, Chermside, North Lakes, Caloundra and Gympie and all South East Queensland and Wide Bay regions. Our Trainers can come to your business. Please contact our office to discuss group prices.
Get trained and become able to provide advanced first aid today.